To start off the party, the three of us dressed in Hanboks, or traditional Korean clothing. Annabelle's Hanbok is he own from Korea!!!

Next we had the Toljabee event. Around the edge of the Tol table are place various foods and fruits. Closer to the center, other items such as a large bundle of thread, a brush, a Korean calligraphy set, pencil, book, money, etc. are arranged on the table to predict the child's future.
The Tol Table
Annabelle picks the pencil (means she'll be a scholar!)
Later, she used the pencil to scribble in a book (it looked like she wrote an "A"...for Annabelle??!!)
After the Toljabee, we had a buffet of lots of our favorite Korean foods!! Bulogi, Kimchi, Chapjae, seafood pancake, fish cakes, .....it was great!! (And Annabelle loved eating most of it too!!)
After dinner, it was time for dessert (we had both a birthday cake and traditional rice cakes!) This would be Annabelle's first official birthday cake!!!
Fruit, cookies, cake, and rice cakes.
Her birthday cake!!
Mommy and Daddy ready to serve her first piece of cake!
I want some more cake, Grandma!!

....how does it taste???
....I love it!!



....how does it taste???
....I love it!!
Finally, we helped Annabelle open all of her presents! She had a great time, and she especially enjoyed all the paper!!
1 comment:
This was way too much fun! I am glad I got to be there for the Tol (and take an insane number of pics, too!)
Love Aunt Jin-A
Post a Comment